- Parent Category: Admin
- Published: Monday, 31 October 2011 10:07
- Hits: 2158
1. The Delta Golden Wings Roster -- To Obtain the roster:
- You must be a member of the Delta Golden Wings
- Rosters are sent out by email when they are updated - usually three times per year. The latest Roster is dated May 5, 2017
2. Membership Benefits: Delta Golden Wings is a fraternal organization of retired Delta Pilots (and spouses) and all active Delta Pilots who have reached the age of 50. We invite you to join.
Why join? The benefits include:
- A roster of all our members is published annually and includes the address, phone number and email address of each of our members. In the time since retirement it becomes more difficult to keep up with our retired colleagues. Our roster is an excellent resource to be able to keep up with your Delta pilot friends. Since company policy will not allow this type of information to be given to other retirees, this is the one best way to keep up.
- Emails from DGW concerning events pertinant to retirees
- An annual Fly-in/Drive-in at Peach State Airport in Williamson, GA.
- Annual reunions in different cities to see some of the same friends we worked with over the years.
- Annual Christmas party located in Dunwoody, GA.
- In 2017,the annual reunion was in Ner Orleans, LA,will be in Lexington, KY.
- In 2018, we will be in Denver, CO.
- All feature city tours, banquets and plenty of good fellowship. Spouses or a guest are most welcome as well.
The membership cost is just $40 a year.
Here’s hoping you will join Delta Golden Wings.
3. Membership Application Form:
Please click the below link to display the form - then print it and send it and your check to the address below.
Treasurer - Delta Golden Wings, Inc.
11029 Wonderland Trail
Dallas, TX 75229
4. DGW ByLaw Excerpt re: Membership and Dues:
Excerpt from the
DELTA GOLDEN WINGS, INC.
As Amended September 8, 2014
At the Milwaukee, Wisconsin Business Meeting
Membership and Dues
Section 1. Regular Members shall be limited to pilots who are flying for Delta Air Lines, Inc. or to pilots who have flown for Delta Air Lines, Inc. or any company which has been merged into Delta Air Lines, Inc. and who has reached the age of fifty (50). The membership shall also be limited to spouses of active members of Delta Golden Wings, Inc. and to surviving spouses of eligible Delta pilots. The surviving spouses must not have remarried.
Section 2. In addition to regular members, there shall be: Honorary Members. Award of such membership shall be by a majority vote of the members present at the annual reunion business meeting.
Section 3. Regular members shall pay the annual dues of $40 and this amount shall include the members’ spouse. Widows, as referred to in Section 1 above, shall pay annual dues of $20. Honorary members have no dues requirement.
Section 4. Dues are payable on or before of January 31st of each year and must be paid no later than the last day of February to have one’s name printed on the active member roster. The period between those two dates is a grace period. Should dues not be received by the last day in February, the treasurer and/or membership chairman may send out a reminder to past members that have not paid current dues.
Section 5. The voting body at the business meeting shall consist of members whose dues have been paid and are current.